CALED to hold 2022 Annual Conference in the City of Long Beach on May 10-12!
Canceling our Annual Conference in 2020 the week before it was scheduled was heartbreaking, but absolutely necessary to keep you and our team safe. As the meeting environment improves, more members can travel, and many of you have expressed a desire to meet safely, we believe we have an opportunity to convene California’s economic development network once again – and do so in a way that prioritizes safety, while creating an engaging atmosphere.
CALED intends to provide an educational and safe event in the following ways:
- Hold several outdoor sessions, tours, and discussion sessions to help you re-connect with your peers.
- Based on weather or changes with the pandemic, we will be prepared to pivot as needed.
- For those of you (sponsors and attendees) that have a credit with us, we will reach out to you on how to apply that to this conference. Stay tuned for more information!
If you want to start your planning, below are some key details:
Conference hotel: Hyatt Regency Long Beach. Room rate is $199/night. Use this link to register to ensure the Conference Rate
While we do not have the agenda finalized yet, we know the schedule will follow this outline:
Conference program: May 10-12
- May 10th will have board meetings in the morning, with the general session kickoff in the around 3 or 4, followed by the welcome reception
- May 11th and 12th are normal session days.
- May 12th, we plan to wrap up by 4pm
We are grateful to CALED members John Keisler and Eric Romero with the City of Long Beach for partnering with us on our first in-person annual conference since the start of the pandemic, as well as to Steve Goodling, President and CEO, Long Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau for his leadership in supporting the meeting industry in California. The City of Long Beach is the conference host city, and they will also help with COVID protocols given that they have their own health department and have presented several safe and successful large events.
More information will be announced the weeks to come, so keep an eye out on your email. We look forward to seeing you in May!